Click on the image to enter a full PDF format, or read further to find out about application details and requirements.
Politics, Society and Culture in the United States
The Center for the Study of the United States in Partnership with the Fulbright Program at Tel Aviv University invites applications for a new research fellowship for 2019-20. Applicants may come from any discipline in the humanities or social sciences that deals with American politics, society, economics and culture. Eligible candidates may specialize in either contemporary or historic aspects. This includes comparative or transnational projects that have a strong focus on the United States.
Tel Aviv University is Israel’s largest academic institution and an internationally renowned center for innovative and groundbreaking research. The newly founded Center for the Study of the United States is the only scholarly center in Israel devoted exclusively to deepening our knowledge of the United States and is home to a diverse and interdisciplinary group of scholars from the humanities and social sciences whose research and teaching touches on the United States.
• Grant Amount: $40,000
• Candidates must be U.S. citizens and hold a Ph.D. from a recognized institution. Scholars at all career stages are eligible including postdoctoral fellows and those who have just earned their doctoral degree. Preference will be given to candidates who have not received their degree from TAU.
• While in residence, the fellow will be expected to devote their full time to research and take part in the activities of the Center. Supplementary funding from other sources may be allowed, pending a formal request and review by our board.
Applicants Must Submit:
• Documentation indicating eligibility for a doctorate degree, or certification of the submission date of their dissertation.
• Documentary proof of U.S. citizenship.
• Three letters of recommendation. Preferably, at least one recommender should not belong to the academic institution where the applicant was a doctoral student. These letters should be sent directly by their authors to: email@example.com
• Summary of the doctoral dissertation and a brief description of the research plan (each up to two pages).
• CV, including a list of publications (if applicable).
Deadline for submission of all application materials: April 28, 2019.
• Application materials should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org